The Ruger AR-556 has been one of Ruger’s most successful new products since the introduction of the LCP. It has proven to be a solid performer with a price point that puts the AR556 squarely in the “Best Buy” column. With its easy to take off threaded delta ring, to the cold hammer forged 1-in-8” twist barrel, the AR556 has many features that other AR’s in this price point do not. Not long after the standard black model was launched, dealers and consumers started asking for different color options.
Ruger obliged with the Lipsey’s Exclusive OD Green Edition AR556. The upper and lower receiver, as well as, the forend and buttstock are Cerakoted in OD Green. A black Hogue rubber finger groove pistol grip rounds out the package. If you are tired of all black AR’s and want something that looks different, yet is functional, this Lipsey’s Exclusive is for you.
- LIPSEY’S MODEL: RUAR-556-CODG | 16.1″ Barrel | OD Green Cerakote | .223 Rem / 5.56 NATO | 30+1 Capacity | 6.5 lbs.
- 1:8″ RH Twist | 6.5lbs. | 16.10″ Barrel Length | 1/2′-28 Thread Pattern
- Six-position telescoping M4-style buttstock and Mil-Spec buffer tube allow the rifle to be properly sized for different shooters, or varying levels of outerwear or defensive gear.
- Made from aerospace-grade 7075-T6 aluminum forging, the flattop upper receiver includes a forward assist, dust cover and brass deflector, and is Type III hard coat anodized for maximum durability
- Front sight post is elevation adjustable, and a front sight tool is included. The A2-style F-height allows co-witness with many optics.
- Machined Bar Stock Extractor
- Serrations on the angled face of the gas block provide a low-glare surface.
- Single-stage trigger provides durable and reliable fire control. The enlarged trigger guard is designed to allow gloved shooting.
- Chrome-plated bolt carrier inside diameter and chrome-plated gas key inside diameter provide exceptional resistance to hot gases.
- Year Release: 2016
- Initial Run: 1,000 units
- Production Status: Active
- Suggested Retail: $829.00 (Prices may vary)